Evergreen abounds with recreational opportunities. The focal point is a sparkling blue mountain lake in heart of downtown that is stocked with trout and offers year-round fishing. Summer activities include boating (rentals available) and outdoor concerts. Ice skating season is from mid-December to mid-March weather permitting. A 1.5 mile walking path circles the lake. The east side of the lake has a dam with a high altitude garden and sculptures. The northwest portion of the lake features bridges and board walks which thread through wildlife wet lands.
In addition to the Evergreen Lake House, the Park and Recreation District maintains a year-round swimming pool, gymnasium, handball courts, and other indoor and outdoor recreational facilities. Wulf Recreation Center is open to the public on a drop-in basis for swimming (indoor pool), racquetball, volleyball, basketball, and aerobics. Buchanan Park Recreation Center features a forty foot climbing pinnacle, "lazy river" current pool, 2-story water slide, hot tub, sauna, and weight room. Evergreen offers numerous hiking and mountain biking trails and two golf courses. Several of Colorado's best ski areas are within a one hour drive.
Denver Mountain Parks
- Bergen Park, located just south of I-70 on Evergreen Parkway
- Bison & Elk herd on both sides of I-70 at the Genesee exit (#252)
- Corwina Park, located about 3 miles south of Evergreen on Hwy 74
- Dedisse Park, north of Evergreen Lake on Evergreen Parkway
- Dillon Park, in south Evergreen on Brook Forest Road
- Fillius Park in north Evergreen at Evergreen Parkway and Bergen Parkway
- O'Fallon Park, 2 miles south of Evergreen on Hwy 74 along Bear Creek
- Pence Park, in Indian Hills on Parmalee Gulch
- Red Rocks Park and natural amphitheater, 9 miles south of Evergreen, near Morrison.
Jefferson County Open Space Parks
Jefferson County Open Space Parks are areas of land set aside for outdoor day time recreation, including picnicking, hiking, biking, horseback riding, cross-country skiing and snow shoeing. The following are several of the parks in the Evergreen area:
- Alderfer/Three Sisters near downtown Evergreen, on Buffalo Park Road
- Elk Meadow located 5 miles south of I-70 on Evergreen Parkway
- Meyer Ranch on Hwy 285 in Aspen Park/Conifer
- Lair o' the Bear, along Bear Creek, about 4 miles south of Evergreen on Hwy 74
- Mt. Falcon Park in Indian Hills, off Myers Gulch/Parmalee Gulch
Evergreen Golf Public Course
Evergreen Golf Course is located on the shores of Evergreen Lake, just west of downtown Evergreen. Wrapped around a mountain and cut through the ponderosa pines, it offers 18 challenging holes and spectacular views. Average golfers will find that the side hill lies, wooded areas and out-of-bounds offer plenty of challenges, and advanced players will find opportunities for creative shots. Golf season is March 15th through November 15th, seven days a week, sunup to sundown.